To support the Engineering Manager, Associate Director of Engineering and the Northern Operations Manager to drive Engineering management across the Northern sites of the business whilst meeting a high standard of Health & Safety and Environmental within ICL. To ensure projects are planned, designed and progressed on a timely basis and increase efficiency across the engineering functions.
- Manage the engineering resources to optimise profitable output and meet customer requirements
- Develop and present new ideas, then implement when appropriate
- Improve and monitor Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and risk performance of engineering by site
- Co-ordinate the development of a timely Engineering Budget annually
- Monitor the engineering team in the North to ensure the business is adequately resourced to comply with regulations
- Identify strengths and weaknesses, areas for improvement and training/development requirements
- Contribute to Group Strategy as part of the Management team
- Ad-hoc projects when required
- Qualified and experience Engineering Manager
- Degree qualified or similar in Chemical/Mechanical/Process Safety
- Strong experience in Engineering leading
- Must have excellent communication – written and verbally
- Exceptional problem solver and identify effective solutions quickly
- Broad and up-to-date knowledge of best practise in manufacturing engineering
- The ability to research and test new methods to improve results while maintaining attention to detail
- Good mentor/trainer and ability to maintain positive working relationships
Hours: Monday – Friday; 09:00 – 17:00 equating to 40 hours per week.
Benefits include: Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, 22 annual days plus bank holidays, monthly payment and additional days after 5 years’ service.
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 per annum, depending on experience.