Provide support to the Health & Safety Manager and Group Health & Safety function to ensure a safe and suitable working environment that is compliant with current Health and Safety legislation, guidance and best practice.
- Follow, promote H&S best practices and to encourage continual improvement and reporting / action of ‘near miss’ situations
- Help the Health and Safety Manager develop and deliver training sessions to meet employee training needs
- Support the company’s Health and Safety committees, including attending meetings
- Work with managers to prepare and carry out risk assessments; under the Health and Safety Manager’s guidance, ensuring that they are carried out in line with procedures and in a timely manner
- Support the maintenance of Health and Safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner
- Support audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, and identify and advise on improvements
- Support the collection, storage and analysis of accident and other H&S data and feed into management reports, identify trends and recommend action
- Assist with investigation of accidents under the guidance of the Health and Safety Manager
- Deliver Toolbox Talks and disseminate safety information
- Passionate about health and safety and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literate with good user knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise and analyse data
- Team player and self-motivated
- Full driving licence
- Member of the Institution of Occupation Safety and Health (IOSH); (Desirable)
- NEBOSH or equivalent (or working towards qualification) (Desirable)
- Manufacturing, engineering or chemicals experience (Desirable)
Hours: Monday – Friday; 08:00 – 16:00 equating to 40 hours per week.
Benefits include: Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, 22 annual days plus bank holidays, monthly payment and additional days after 5 years’ service.
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.